Despite any efforts made to take care of your teeth, there may come a time when an emergency dentist is needed. When that happens, we want you to be prepared.
At Dental & Implant Centers of Colorado, we offer emergency dental services to ensure that you can get the care you need when you need it. As we understand that dental emergencies can happen at any time and often without warning, we accept appointments after hours and reserve same-day visits for emergency patients. Common dental emergencies include:
- A tooth that has been knocked out
- A tooth that is cracked or chipped
- A toothache that is severe
- An abscessed tooth
- Jaw trauma due to injury
If you are experiencing any of these problems, please call our Denver, CO, office today to schedule an appointment. We will do everything we can to get you in as soon as possible.
Our team performs emergency tooth extractions as part of our urgent care services. While our first goal is often to save and preserve a tooth, there are occasions when an extraction is the best course of treatment. The most common reason for an emergency tooth extraction is when a tooth is severely damaged or decayed and can not be repaired. Other reasons for an emergency tooth extraction may include:
- Severe gum disease that has destroyed the supporting structures of a tooth
- Impacted teeth that are causing pain or crowding
- Fractured teeth that can not be repaired
- Poorly positioned wisdom teeth that are causing pain or damage to adjacent teeth
While having a tooth removed may seem intimidating, the procedure is generally quick and straightforward.
- When performing a simple extraction, our team will numb the area around the tooth and provide sedation if requested. From there, we will use special dental instruments to loosen the tooth before removing it.
- For more complex cases, we may need to perform a surgical extraction, which involves making an incision in the gum tissue to access and remove the tooth.
After an extraction, it is important to take care of your mouth and follow our team’s post-operative instructions. This will help ensure a speedy and complication-free recovery.
When dealing with a dental emergency, there are some situations in which oral surgery is the best option. This may be the case if you have a tooth that is severely damaged or infected, or if you need to have a tooth surgically extracted. Other cases which may require emergency oral surgery include critical injuries to the jaw or mouth.
Once you arrive at our office, our team will be able to better assess your individual situation and advise you on the best course of action. However, in general, these are some of the most common reasons why someone might need emergency oral surgery.
- A severely damaged or infected tooth
- Impacted wisdom tooth
- Traumatic jaw injury
If you are in need of emergency dental services, please do not hesitate to contact our office. We will do everything we can to ensure that you receive the care you need as soon as possible.